When we understand our relationship with Jesus Christ then we understand who we truly are.

When we understand our relationship with Jesus Christ then we understand who we truly are.

Friday, November 15, 2013

What Made Me Realize that I am a Daughter of God?

I have grown up singing the song "I Am a Child of God" and I assumed for years that everyone knew that we were sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. I came to realize that that precious fundamental truth is not known by everyone and it is something that needs to be shared. What makes the difference in knowing that we do have a divine identity? I know that when we truly understand who we are we see the people around us differently. We see them not just as disconnected people walking past us in grocery stores, schools, and on the streets, but as brothers and sisters as part of the family of God. We are more motivated to serve, uplift, help, and make a difference in the lives of the people around us. Understanding and sharing our true identity has the potential to better the world, communities, families, and individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment